Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cake

I did this cake a few weeks ago for Austin Edwards 2nd birthday. His theme was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Austin is one of Lillian's best friends. She asks for him to come and play daily, calls him on every phone (both play and real) and hugs him every chance she gets. They are such great buddies.



This is the back side of the cake. If you have seen the show, Mickey has a gate around the clubhouse with little round stones in the grass that lead to different things. I used a square platter, that was bigger than the cake, so that I could make it look like the stones are leading somewhere. I did not have a grass tip so I used a star tip and did it sloppy. It was a great fix to make the cake 360 degrees. The next two pictures show the sides of the cake. The topper was part of the gift Lillian bought Austin. I tried to find a good topper but I started looking later than the order time allowed.




A lot of times I make a smaller cake for the kids to blow there candles out on. It is easier to set a small cake in front of the kids rather than having the big cake take up the whole picture. Plus, fondant does not make a cute "cake mess" picture. This little cake has store bought icing using a star tip design.





Lillian helped Austin eat his cake. I think she made more of mess than he did. Red icing was everywhere!











1 comment:

  1. I've never seen the show, but that cake is awesome! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete